the Whites, the Cottagers
Ground: Craven Cottage
Manager: Scott Parker
The club was formed in 1879 as St Andrew's Church Sunday School. Fulham were founded by worshippers of the C of E church in Star Road, West Kensington. The church is still in existence today, with a plaque commemorating the team's foundation. The club's name was shortened to its present form in 1888.
Fulham started playing at Craven Cottage in 1896 and gained professional status on 12th December 1898. The club's first recorded all-white kit was worn in 1903 and since then they have played in a white shirt with black shorts.
Fulham's Premier League consolidation is quite an achievement in view of the lowest ebb of the 1990s. The club was relegated to the Third Division in 1994 and two years later finished 17th out of 24 teams.
But the appointment of Micky Adams as manager saw the Cottagers quickly promoted again, and two more subsequent promotions under Kevin Keegan and then Tigana earned Fulham a swift return to the top flight. With just 1,000 season ticket holders and seven full-time staff during the darkest days of the mid-nineties, Fulham's transformation is no mean feat.
Their training ground and Youth Academy can be found near to Motspur Park and was where Chariots of Fire was filmed. Fulham are the oldest professional team in London.